Saturday 12 December 2015

Speed Painting the Elven Way

My latest commission. The client needed these very quick so I have seven evenings, with a couple a days thrown in to get this lot done.
40 Mirkwood Rangers and an armoured Captain.

After an evening and a half I had then all assembled and primed, now just to paint them.
I decided to go about these in batches of 10, usually thats was too big but somehow it just seemed right, don't ask me how.

And thankfully I got them all done in time.
I had to cut down the quality, no time for eyes and some of the highlighting / shading I would usually put in.
I did opt to use Army Painter Quickshade to dip all the figures. The first reason being it gave them a bit of definition and the second it was a good varnish for them to stand up to the gaming.

I had time to give the Captain a little more, he got eyes and some shading and highlighting as there should always have a little more.


And there we have it, a very quick job accompanied by some quick photos.
The client is happy with the results and so am I for such a quick turnaround.

No comments:

Post a Comment